I've been having an issue with using the LPC-Link2 debugger with the MIMXRT1052-EVK evaluation kit and I'd like to know if anyone has seen anything similar?
The issue is, when debugging code which displays an image on the LCD, the LPC-Link2 loses debug connection with the dev kit as soon as there an image on the LCD. Error message is:
16: Target error from status-poll: Ee(FF). Redlink interface error 255.
Debugging context: evkmimxrt1050_usb_examples_host_hid_mouse_keyboard_freertos Debug
My set up is:
- External DC Power supply (no powering from USB)
- Rocktech LCD connected (same result with Kyocera 4.3" LCD also).
- OpenSDA disconnected from processor (J29, J30, J31, J32 jumpers removed)
- LPC-Link2 debugger connected to JTAG header (J21)
- If LCD not driven with any image (ie, all black pixels only) there is no problem, can debug any other code fine.
- No debugging - if I run in standalone mode from XIP Hyperflash there is no problem, code is stable
- Other debuggers - J-Link and OpenSDA debuggers work fine and debug with the same code
Now obviously the workarounds aren't ideal as my application depends on using an LCD, I need to debug my code, OpenSDA is very slow (and I won't be installing in our our product's custom PCB) and J-Link are expensive when having to buy for whole development team!
I've tried shielding the LCD FPC and the LPC-Link2 JTAG cable. This had no effect. Does anyone else have any suggestions or insight as to what may be occurring?