cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with HAB tools

cyrilledebrebis
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to setup the HAB secure boot and am having an issue running the srktool.

I seem to be able to generate the keys using the hab4_pki_tree scripts (both on windows and linux)

But when I try to generate the fuse map using srktool I get the following error:

"srktool: Error - Error! Failed to read certificate data from ..\..\keys\SRK1_sha256_2048_65537_v3_ca_key.pem"

I have tried it both on linux and windows with the same error/issue.

I have tried using the .per instead of the .pem file, but got the same result

Can anyone provide some help here?

Regards,

Cyrille

0 Kudos
2 Replies

cyrilledebrebis
Contributor I

Hello,

I have solved my initial problem. It was my fault as I was in the keys directory instead of the crts one :-(

However, I am now stuck at the next stage. Generating the certification file to add to the image.

I am working on an i.MX6ULL and doing bare metal software (actually FreeRTOS)...

When running: cst.exe -o csf.bin -i run.csf

I get the following error: "Invalid Block arguments, Blocks start offset and length together exceed file size in command AuthenticateData"

I think that my problem stems from not giving the right arguements to the [Authenticate Data] / Blocks command.

imgutils.exe returns the following:

Info for CSF file generation
--------------------------------------
   ivt_addr  = 0x80000400, ivt_offset  = 0x00000400
   app_addr  = 0x80002000, app_offset  = 0x00002000, app_size = 0x00043c60
--------------------------------------

Which of these 5 numbers do I need to use for the Blocks command? app_size is prety obvious, but what about load address and offset. Should I use ivt_addr and ivt_offset  or app_addr and app_offset  ???

Cyrille

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Cyrille

please follow AN4581 Secure Boot on i.MX50, i.MX53, and i.MX 6 Series

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4581.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos