Kernel Modules not loading at Boot

Jump to solution
ciaranbannon
Contributor II

iMX6 SABRESD

Cloned the kernel at git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git

branch imx_4.1.15_1.0.0_ga

imx_v7_defconfig

Resulting zImage works, but does not appear to load kernel modules at boot (specifically ov5640 camera driver and its dependencies). Make menuconfig shows them driver included as a module.

I tried copying a .config file from a working yocto build (imx-4.1-krogoth) but it is over-written when I "make".

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ciaranbannon,

Please check that in /lib/modules there is a folder with the same name that you get with command 'uname -r'. If it does not exist you may create a symbolic link in /lib/modules with the same name as the uname -r output.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ciaranbannon,

Please check that in /lib/modules there is a folder with the same name that you get with command 'uname -r'. If it does not exist you may create a symbolic link in /lib/modules with the same name as the uname -r output.

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ciaranbannon
Contributor II

Hi Carlos. The folder in /lib/modules had the <uname -r> of my old kernel. I just updated the name, sync and reboot and it works. I'll mark your post as correct and this information is available here too. 

0 Kudos