AnsweredAssumed Answered

DEVKIT-S12VL128 encountered a problem launching debugger.

Question asked by chury jeong on Jan 29, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2018 by chury jeong

Dear NXP engineer. 

I have purchased DEVKIT-S12VL128 EVM board, and I tried to build and download "AN5389SW: LIN_Bootloader". 

First, I built "S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator" (Master Node part) on CodeWarrior Development Studio, 

CodeWarrior for MCU, version:11.0, Build Id: 170926.  

Error Popup Window says: 

'Launching S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator_FLASH_PnEU-MulitiLink' has encountered a problem. Would you like to export diagnostic information and send it to Freescale ? 

Error launching

S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator_FLASH_PnEU-MultiLink. 

Error launching S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator_FLASH_PnE U-MultiLink
HC/RS/S12Z GDI Protocol Adapter : Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E device

What I did with the DEVKIT-S12VL128: 

#1) got the board out of the box.

#2) connected USB to my laptop PC. 

- In "device manager" , I can see "WICED USB JTAG Devices -> OSBDM/OSJTAG - Debug Port(http://www.permicro.com/osbdm

- USB driver seems to be installed well. 

#3)  In the build D:\LIN_Bootloader_AN5389SW\S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator\FLASH 

I can see "S12Z_LIN_MagniVBootloader_Translator.elf", which means "compile and link" has been completed successfully. 

#4) When I retried to download the image, 

"Power Cycle Diaglog" Popup windows came out, it says: 

"The target MCU is not responding. Please turn MCU power off(Under 0.1v), turn MCU power on, and then click OK. 

This will attempt to enter debug mode through a power on reset sequence". 

=> I pulled out the USB cable(which means the EVM board has powered off), and inserted the USB cable again(now the EVB is powered ON). and click "OK". 

then "P&E Connection Assistant" PopUp window came out. 

-> I pressed "Retry", but it showed the same "Power Cycle Diaglog" PopUp again. 

Please let me know what's wrong with the EVM board. and What should I do to fix the issue. 

Outcomes