cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HISC interface

alessandromaggi
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm working on  a custom board(designed by us) based on IMX6 SoloX. Since I need on more ethernet interface, I  connected via HSIC bus a Microchip's LAN9730 (USB to ethernet) to the USB Controller HOST core.

For some reason I cannot make it work. I've tried both the driver included in linux kernel and the one provided by microchip but none of them works.

I checked the MUX and PAD registers, basically 

IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_USB_H_DATA

IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_USB_H_STROBE

IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_USB_H_DATA

IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_USB_H_STROBE

I enabled clock in CCGR6, and after this I can access USB registers (the ones at address 0x02184XXX), even if I don't know what to check exaclty because i'm a newbie on USB and HSIC.

The problem is that the function probe of the driver is never called, and I have no idea on how to trigger it (I tried to reset the controller with USB_nCMD with no effects). 

If I check the lines STROBE and DATA with the oscilloscope they are not moving at all.

I have no idea on what is wrong and what I could investigate to understand the problem.

Any help would be apreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alessandro,

You could take a look to AN4589 “Configuring USB on i.MX 6 Series Processors” regarding specific details and block diagrams of USB subsystem included on i.MX6SX processor:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4589.pdf

Regarding HSIC support, you could ckek the link below, in order to verify if the mentioned patch may apply to the part number that you are trying to connect:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/6441691/

Hope this will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alessandromaggi
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your reply. I alrwady checked the application note and the

link you provided, with no results.

The problem persists.

0 Kudos