Does MPC5748G dev Kit supports external CAN sheild

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MPC5748G dev Kit supports external CAN sheild

laxmikanthindur
Contributor III

I want to use MPC5748G dev Kit for Reading the CAN messages from OBD-II port of my car, but i see this board has no CAN DB 9 connector. I see in the  description that it supports CAN . does this mean it has a CAN controller over the board , but no CAN trans-receiver ? in this case how do I use this for my requirement? do i need to have external Trans-receiver ? just like we use with Arduino. if so does this support  external CAN shield? 

5 Replies

laxmikanthindur
Contributor III

Hello  Martin,

One more question , does this board come with conformal  coating which protects form ESD. can we use this board with bare hands?

kindly let me know. if it doe snot have the coating , what all the measures to be taken while using this board.

thank you . jiri.kral@nxp.comb55689https://community.nxp.com/community/mcuxpresso?sr=search&searchId=bda26953-82dd-4b99-9694-de472054b4...

Best Regards

Laxmikanth Indur

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

MPC5748G is low cost board, so from my point of view, there is not conformal coating, but I am not 100% sure. I recommend you to use ESD pad for work with the board if you want to be sure the board will not be damaged by electrostatic charge.

My personal experience is that board can be used with bare hands. I am working with this board long time and I have not destroyed neither one board.

Regards,

Martin

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

MPC5748G Devkit contains one CAN transceiver and one CAN connector. Please check the figure below.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Martin

laxmikanthindur
Contributor III

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much . I am here to trouble you more till I complete my work. -:)

0 Kudos

laxmikanthindur
Contributor III

jiri.kral@nxp.comb55689https://community.nxp.com/community/mcuxpresso‌ could you please reply me with your suggestion

0 Kudos