Connecting two SABRE Boards (iMX6Q) over PCIe

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting two SABRE Boards (iMX6Q) over PCIe

akzare
Contributor I

I want to connect two SABRE Boards (https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/hardware-development-tools/sabre-development-system/...) via PCIe. After reading this document (i.MX6Q PCIe EP/RC Validation System: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-95014), I’ve got some ideas how I might proceed with this task. Indeed I have some questions as follows:

• Where can I find some kind of use-cases/applications for connecting two SABRE boards over PCIe? Basically, I want to copy a bulk of data from one processor to a pre-allocated segment of the memory of the another processor.
  • Moreover, I want to use the high performance SDMA on iMX6 for interfacing with memory. Where can I find very good documents about SDMA setup for PCIe on iMX6?
  • As I understood, for enabling the PCIe Root Complex and End Point on two boards, I should build the Linux by means of Yocto (OpenEmbedded). Would you please let me know which version of Linux kernel, and U-Boot I shall use for the “iMX6” to have both PCIe RC and EP on two nodes of my network? Is imx-4.1.15-1.0.0 the right version? Would you please inform me how I may configure your recommended Linux Kernel to provide the PCIe RC or EP on two iMX6 processors? How may I configure the Kernel to reserve a block of memory as a buffer for the SDMA to copy the data into it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Armin

- for configuring linux kernel one can try to follow sect.35.5 i.MX 6Quad SD PCIe RC/EP

Validation System attached Linux Manual.

- sdma is not supported for PCIe module, one can use IPU as described in examples on

i.MX6Q PCIe EP/RC Validation System 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos