Why can't MMA8451Q work? What's different between this two package?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't MMA8451Q work? What's different between this two package?

Jump to solution
cheng-hanwu
Contributor I

hi,

We have used MMA8451Q in our product for a long time.
But we met a problem in reading data from MMA8451Q which bought from digikey at 2017/12/15

It seems that the I2C address changed.

Then, we found out the package between new and old ic were different. 

What's the different between this two package?

Or was there any revision recently?

And what information can I get on this two package?

Thank for help !!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First, I would like to comment about the I2C Slave Address of the MMA8451. The MMA8451Q's standard slave address is a choice between the two sequential addresses 0011100 (0x1C) and 0011101 (0x1D).

The selection is made by the high- and low-logic level of the SA0 (pin 7) input respectively.

Now, one of the accelerometers shown in your picture does not seems to be correct, the correct part marking for this device should be as follows:

LINE1: 263

LINE2: 8451

LINE3: XXX

LINE4: *(Pin 1 indicator)

Can I ask which one is the one that is causing the problem and which is the I2C Slave address you are using?

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
cheng-hanwu
Contributor I

hi Jose,

Left side ICs caused the problem.

Our SA0 is set to low-logic, so the address uses 0x1C

So, there are no those ICs with part marking like that?

Thanks for help!!!

Regards,

CH

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi CH,

I did a search in our system and I cannot find any ICs with the part marking like that.

I suggest you to check with your distributor for this devices, they should know what to do if the device they received (and sent you) are not the correct ones and should be able to replace them if needed.

Have a great day,
Jose

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
cheng-hanwu
Contributor I

hi Jose,

Thanks a lot!!!

I will contact my distributor to solve this issue.

Regards,

CH

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First, I would like to comment about the I2C Slave Address of the MMA8451. The MMA8451Q's standard slave address is a choice between the two sequential addresses 0011100 (0x1C) and 0011101 (0x1D).

The selection is made by the high- and low-logic level of the SA0 (pin 7) input respectively.

Now, one of the accelerometers shown in your picture does not seems to be correct, the correct part marking for this device should be as follows:

LINE1: 263

LINE2: 8451

LINE3: XXX

LINE4: *(Pin 1 indicator)

Can I ask which one is the one that is causing the problem and which is the I2C Slave address you are using?

Have a great day,
Jose

0 Kudos