Question Regarding CRC error and Quick Engine /MPC8360

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding CRC error and Quick Engine /MPC8360

michayardeny
Contributor III

I have a legacy system with 8360 using UCC for Ethernet connected to a switch . It seems that all input frame to the UCC have some errors include CRC error however the rest of packet seems to be OK. I didn't find any software setting that can cause it so my question is that possible to get CRC error because of software or environment setting with this environment ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In addition to RX_ER, I also recommend looking signal integrity on clock input pin. Incorrect clock decoupling may cause "ringing" on clock input, and extra bits may be sampled, resulting many errors of different types, like "non-octet aligned frames", "CRC error" and etc.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

michayardeny
Contributor III

OK it seems we found that the issue is related the MII RX_ER  line not connected from the switch there for it seems always to receive CRC errors. 

0 Kudos