cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Nand Flash for LPC2148

abhishekjoshi
Contributor I

Hi,
I have a LPC2148 board and I want to add an external NAND flash card to it. I have two questions:
1. Is this possible and can be done by soldering GPIO pins of the board to the Flash chip pins. My flash chip is the "chip select don't care" type.
2. How do I find the pin numbering on the board, i.e. which pin number goes where? Is there a schematic?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joshi,

The LPC2148 device doesn’t have NAND controller, so, in case that you are trying to connect it with GPIOs, it will not possible using the NAND to boot or execute code (no memory map is associated/maped).

Regarding the hardware connections, they depend of the board model that you are using. For example, if you are using the Embedded Artits “LPC2148 USB QuickStart Board”, the information is available on the following link:

https://www.embeddedartists.com/products/boards/lpc2148.php

Hope this will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos