AnsweredAssumed Answered

Which EVMs I need to purchase to setup LIN bootloader in MM9Z1J638.

Question asked by chury jeong on Jan 17, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2018 by chury jeong

Question) How to setup a test system for MM9Z1J638 LIN Bootloader

Dear who may concern about this issue, 

I'd like to setup a test environment for LIN bootloader on MM9Z1J638. 

Currently, I have a KIT9Z1J638EVM Board. 

My target is to download IBS application code(Motorolar S-rec image) into the KIT9Z1J638EVM via LIN. 

I'm not familiar with S12Z MCU and LIN protocol yet, so I'd like to setup a bootloader system like the picture above with the exist EVB board.

Could you please recommend which EVM boards I need to purchase to learn and practice myself the LIN bootloader, (Master-node and Slave-node both at the same time) ? 

I'd like to purchase Demo programs with the EVMs too. 

First of all, I'd like to learn "LIN bootloader" by following the quick-start guide with the demo program, without any change by myself. 

Many thanks in advance. 

2018-01-18

Additional question: 

#1)  If I purchase two sets of "S12ZVL" EVM from the link below, 

DEVKIT-ZVL128: Development Board for ZVL128|NXP https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/additional-processors-and-mcus/8-16-bit-mcus/16-bit-s12-magniv/s12zvl-mixed-signal-mcu-for-automotive-industrial-lin-applications:S12ZVL

Is it possible to configure the first one as a Master-node and  the second one as a Slave-node with the different SW ? 

And where can I get the bootloader SW for Master-node, and bootloader SW for Slave-node ? 

Outcomes