Looking for an RT105x spi double buffer example

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an RT105x spi double buffer example

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

Hello, I am using IAR with an RT1050 SDK, version  2.3.0 (2017-11-16).  I have been looking through various eDMA examples but nothing quite fits what I am trying to achieve.  I am looking for an example of continuously reading the  lpspi RX register via. DMA, triggered when the FIFO hits a given watermark.  I then want the DMA to populate one buffer with this data until full, then switch to another and back again and so on, issuing an ISR on the filling of each buffer.  I would call this double buffering but I have seen it referred to as a ping-pong setup.  I have seen examples for other processors but I am looking for an RT105x specific example, perhaps an i.MX example would also suffice given the similarities. 

Thanks, no RTFM responses please.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

For anyone else looking for a similar solution, this link provides some insight into the TCD setup. 

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Helo Ryan,

We didn't provide example code on double buffer & eDMA transfer based on LPSPI.  Suggest you can refer to routine of

scatter_gather in eDMA, trying to do it by yourself.

Have a great day,
TIC  Weidong Sun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos