AnsweredAssumed Answered

codewarrior tap and gdb

Question asked by Eric Moors on Jan 16, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2018 by Eric Moors

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a debug environment for the LS1046ARDB.

I've connected a codewarrior tap to it, which is directly connected via an ethernet connection(not USB) to my PC.

I have it configured with a fixed (private range, 10.1.42.1) IP address and can telnet to it just fine.

However when I try to use the gdbserver (proxy?) running on it I run into the following error:

(gdb) target remote 10.1.42.1:2345

Remote debugging using 10.1.42.1:2345

Protocol error: qXfer:features:read (target-features) conflicting enabled responses.

(gdb) set debug remote

Argument required (integer to set it to.).

(gdb) set debug remote 1

(gdb) target remote 10.1.42.1:2345

Remote debugging using 10.1.42.1:2345

Sending packet: $qSupported:multiprocess+;xmlRegisters=i386;qRelocInsn+#b5...Ack

Packet received: PacketSize=3fff;qXfer:auxv:read-;qXfer:features:read+;qXfer:libraries:read-;qXfer:memory-map:read-;qXfer:spu:read-;qXfer:spu:write-;QPassSignals-;

Packet qSupported (supported-packets) is supported

Sending packet: $Hg0#df...Ack

Packet received: OK

Sending packet: $qXfer:features:read:target.xml:0,fff#7d...Ack

Packet received:

Protocol error: qXfer:features:read (target-features) conflicting enabled responses.

(gdb)

So the proxy appears to claim it supports the features:read but when trying to read the (default) target.xml it does not respond?

What do I need to do to use the codewarrior tap with gdb?

please don't point me to this thread, because the steps don't work anymore (besides these are for PPC not an ARM board): https://community.nxp.com/message/916499

Outcomes