Question regarding MC9S12XHZ256 microcontroller.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding MC9S12XHZ256 microcontroller.

walterbarrer
Contributor I

I have an instrument cluster that uses the MC9S12XHZ256 MCU. The cluster gets a "Failed Self test" message on it's LCD Odometer display when the ignition voltage is applied.I can verify the MCU is the failure by swapping in a known good one. In the "bad" MCU, all of the odometer information has been erased. Other than that , the cluster performs normally. Because of this, I'm thinking that it's an EEPROM issue as opposed to a Flash memory issue.If this is correct, can the EEPROM in the failed MCU be reprogrammed? Does NXP have a programmer that supports this device? Thanks.

Walt Barrer

wbarrer@instrumentsales.com

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Can on-chip BDM interface function well? if yes, I recommend "PROG12Z 68HC(S)12(X) Flash/EEPROM Programmer Software"

PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop... 

I would suggest you consult P&E for more information about it.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos