In Kinetis K27, does PORTE support high-drive mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Kinetis K27, does PORTE support high-drive mode?

masahirokiniwa
Contributor IV

Hi, 

Could you tell me can I use IO group 4(PORTE) for high-drive pins?

In its data sheet, IO group 3 and 4 look like high-drive pins, however reference manual is written that only eight GPIOs in IO group 3 are supporting high-drive mode.

Which is the correct definition?

<Data Sheet>

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

<Reference manual>

pastedImage_3.png

Best regards,

M.Kiniwa

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Masahiro,

Please download the latest version Data Sheet and Reference Manual.

PTB0, PTB1, PTC3, PTC4, PTD6, and PTD7 I/O have both high drive and normal drive capability selected by the associated PTx_PCRn[DSE] control bit. All other GPIOs are normal drive only.

PORTE does not suppor thigh-drive mode.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

masahirokiniwa
Contributor IV

HI Robin,

Thank you for your answer.

But I use K27.(not KL27), and I confirmed K27 data sheet and reference manual as below.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/K27P169M150SF5V2.pdf 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/K27P169M150SF5RM.pdf 

Could you re-confirm it?

Best regards,

M.Kiniwa

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In Kinetis K27, PORTE support high-drive mode.

Table 11-2. Ports summary.jpg

According to chapter "11.2.1 Port control and interrupt module features" of K27 Reference manual , you can find the correct information.

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

masahirokiniwa
Contributor IV

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your reply.

I confirmed the Table 11-2 in K27 reference manual and I see that Port C supporting drive strength control.

However I got an additional question about drive strength control of Port C.

In this table, PTC3, 4 and 24 to 29 support drive strength enable control, but PTC 24 to 29 are assigned IO group 2 as below.

And IO group 2 looks like they don't support high drive strength.

If PTC24 to 29 supported high drive strength, could tell me their drive current?

<Data sheet Table 4>

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Best regards,

M.Kiniwa

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

See the feedback below:

So, Design did confirm that Port E and PTC24-29 do support high-drive.  There was some confusion as these pins use a slightly different pad cell than the other PTB0,PTB1,PTC3,PTC4, PTD4-7.  I am already addressing the discrepancies found within the RM and DS and submitting the changes to the Tech Docs team.

In summary, Table 11-2 is correct regarding the high drive functionality.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry for my last reply.
I have report it to internal team. And I will inform you as soon as I get any feedback.

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos