Can't read or erase non-write protected JN5169; why?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't read or erase non-write protected JN5169; why?

donaldduck
Contributor I

I have a commercial device containing a JN5169. I can program it, but can't read it, although no read protection is set.

I always chalked this up to some kind of read protection. However, now I purchased some 'empty modules', and these behave exactly the same. Why?

The read fails at 0x200.

I am using these devices now:

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com 

I can flash them, but then it appears like stale data in the EEPROM is messing things up. However, I can't read them or erase the EEPROM.

When using the production flash programmer to erase the eepromp, either full or pdm, i get: 

Error erasing EEPROM: Read error loading extension binary into RAM

Just flashing them without verifying works, and the output I get then, is the output I wrote into the application for it, so it is running the new version of software then.

However, when I'm trying to program and verify:

Error: Read error reading Flash at address 0x00000200

I'm using the production flash programmer build 1365. I have also tried flashing from Beyondstudio, this works, but also gives the verification error.

The deviceconfig:

JTAG_ENABLE,VBO_200,CRP_LEVEL0,EXTERNAL_FLASH_NOT_ENCRYPTED,EXTERNAL_FLASH_LOAD_ENABLE

All userdate fields are set to 0xFF.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

donaldduck
Contributor I

I see the link to the device contains my order id.

Here's a clean link:

NXP 5169 ZIGBEE MODULE ondersteuning schakelaar plug licht enzovoort. met 12 pin 2.6 v ~ 3.3 v input... 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Unfortunately, I was not able to replicate the issue on our boards, by any chance do you have one of our board to test it out ? 

Best Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

donaldduck
Contributor I

Sorry I misread. I have 6 of YOUR chips lying around here, on boards from different manufacturers, and they all do this. Please don't hide behind the fact it's not one of your boards, it IS one of your chips.

Is there a hardware way to make it read protected?

0 Kudos

donaldduck
Contributor I

Sure if you give an address to send it to. I suspect this goes for every board which has it's MAC address set.

0 Kudos