How do I set the frequency of the CCM_CLKO signal on i.MX6UL?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the frequency of the CCM_CLKO signal on i.MX6UL?

anderslorentzen
Contributor I

Hi

I am using the Variscite VAR-DART-MX6UL System on Module, and I need to be able to provide a stable clock signal of 48 MHz to a custom made hardware module. I am very new to this, but to my understanding I need the CCM_CLKO1 or CCM_CLKO2 to for this, but I cannot seem to figure out how to set the frequency for these signals? I think I would need to write to some registers, but because of my inexperience in this topic, maybe someone could tell me how to do that as well? The clock has to be fairly stable, how do I secure the stability of the clock even if I am running heavy calculations on the processor? 

Best regards

Anders   

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anders

please look at description in sect.18.6.21 CCM Clock Output Source Register (CCM_CCOSR)

and Figure 18-2 Clock Tree i.MX6UL Reference Manual

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf

Clock stability is defined by board crystals and its noise.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos