Mfgtool2 -noui process needs to be killed when done

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mfgtool2 -noui process needs to be killed when done

MagnusPersson
Contributor I

I am using the command line interface of MfgTool2 to program an I.MX6Q processor. This is done in a Windows batch script to simplify our manufacturing process that also involves some other activities, like FPGA configuration.

The Platform, Profile and Variable settings are fetched from cfg.ini and the command only contains the -l switch to select the List (activity) from the profile ucl2.xml:

> Mfgtool2 -noui -l "bootstrap_spi-to-emmc"

The problem is that the Mfgtool2 process, that is started and executed correctly from the above statement, doesn't terminate when the activity is done.

So the only thing I can do is to set a timeout at an approximate time and then kill the process:

> Mfgtool2 -noui -l "bootstrap_spi-to-emmc"

> timeout /t 70

> taskkill /f /im "Mfgtool2"

Does anyone know why Mfgtool2 doesn't terminate when done?

For some reason I cannot fetch the output generated by MfgTool. Even if redirecting STDOUT and STDERR.

So my only chance to improve the script is to parse the generated logfile "MfgTool.log" to see if the command was successful.

Fur sure, I cannot be the only one requesting a descent manufacturing tool that can be used in a Windows batch script.

What am I missing? Is there some other clever way or tool that can be used to configure the board in the factory.

I am constrained to use only the USB interface as programming interface of the i.MX6.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

dmurji
Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Did you manage to find a way to close the CLI after the  image has been updated, other than killing the task.

0 Kudos

andrewdyer
Contributor III

You might want to see if the standalone sb_loader.exe will do what you want. I believe it comes with the mfg tools these days.

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In next release this issue should be fixed. Now you need to use the workaround you noted.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

a_cace
Contributor I

Dear VIctor,

I am running into the same problem updating my imx6. I run the MFGTool2.exe -noui, and after it finishes it does not close. I see you mention this is supposed to be patched, perhaps you can share the link where I can get the new version?

0 Kudos