Processor Expert not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert not working

rohitdeshpande
Contributor I

I am using Codewarrior for MCU v 10.2 to work on a Coldfire micro-controller project, I am trying to generate processor expert code by doing a right click on the .pe file in the project, when I do that I see message in an alert box (see attached image) and the console window shows:

reg.getExtensionPoint is empty
No com.freescale.processorexpert.core.PEservice extension found!

My colleague is running the same project on a Win 7 machine which works fine, I am using Win 10 for the same project.

code_warrior2.PNG

I am not sure where the Project Panel is and how to select an active project, what I am doing is selecting an active configuration from the Build Configuration options. 

Any help will be appreciated !

Thanks,

Rohit

0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CW for MCU 10.2 is rather old, and for sure has not been tested with Windows 10 as it did not exist at that time.

The error message about the extension point indicates that something is wrong with the DLL's: either an installation issue (you could try to install it again into a different directory) or that indeed it is an issue with Windows 10 (I'm not aware of).

I'm using CW for MCU 10.7 with Windows 10 without issues, so you might consider trying that version. You can install/try 10.7 without uninstalling other CW versions.

I hope this helps,

Erihc

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rohit,

Could you tell us which MCU are you using?

I think this problem might be related with the operating system being used, you could try using CodeWarror 11, which comes with support for Windows 10:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|NXP 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos