cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI Connector i.mx6 sabre board

kamlendrachandr
Contributor I

Hi,

I am having MCIMX6Q-SDB in which MIPI connector is not populated, as I can see in BOM the part FX12B-40P-0.4SV needs to be used, it will work straight away or do i need to mount any other components to make it working (hardware perspective).

I want to interface 3 cameras on MIPI connector, They can be connected through a camera aggregator bridge, Please suggest this bridge part number also any MIPI based camera modules for the purpose 2 to 3 megapixels with small form factor.

also one parallel camera for this board.

Thanks,

Kamlendra chandra

0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Typically, the OmniVision OV5640 camera module is used as MIPI CSI camera and OV5642 is used as parallel CMOS camera with the i.MX6Q SABRE SD series boards.

To make the MIPI CSI interface functional on the i.MX6Q SABRE SDB board, you have to populate the J5 connector as well as the C50, C602, U10, R26, C585, C588, L10, L25, C28, C29, C30, C587, R726 parts, please refer to the board's schematics:

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/hardware-development-tools/sabre-development-system/...

NXP has no experience and can not recommend any MIPI CSI multiplexer/bridge chips.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos