cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set PCIe EP's memory address?

Jump to solution
t_kuha
Contributor I

Hi, I have a question about how to change a PCIe device's memory address on i.MX6.

Now, I have a PCIe EP device connected to i.MX6 Quad (running Linux 3.14.52) and issuing lspci  command shows the following values for the device:

Memory at 01100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
Memory at 01200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]

The question is how can I change these values (01100000/01200000)?

Should I modify device tree or Linux kernel's source code?

Regards,

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi t_kuha

please check PCI EP examples (0001-ENGR00268112-pcie-emaluate-the-pcie-ep-as-ram-device.patch.zip) on

i.MX6Q PCIe EP/RC Validation System 

for latest kernels one can look at sect.40.4 Using PCIe Endpoint and Running Tests attached Linux Manual

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi t_kuha

please check PCI EP examples (0001-ENGR00268112-pcie-emaluate-the-pcie-ep-as-ram-device.patch.zip) on

i.MX6Q PCIe EP/RC Validation System 

for latest kernels one can look at sect.40.4 Using PCIe Endpoint and Running Tests attached Linux Manual

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
t_kuha
Contributor I

igor,

Thank you for the reply.

I could change the addresses by modifying device tree.

Regards,

0 Kudos