MCUXpresso build issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso build issue

adarshtrivedi
Contributor I

When moving from Red Suite IDE to MCUXpresso IDE output behavior of the code is changed. So is there any additional changes required in .ld file or any other configurations?
FYI, Config settings are same as in Red Suite though it's not working properly.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So can you give more details of the project you are having problems with and what the problems actually are?

In particular, what linker scripts are you using? Are you using the managed linker script mechanism, and having the IDE fully generate the linker script? Or have you got linker script template files to modify the script generated (in which case, note that MCUXpresso IDE has a new mechanism for this vs the old Red Suite way)? Or have you created your linker script manually?

Also double check the startup code you are using vs what is generated by the MCUXpresso IDE's new project wizard for a project for the same MCU.

Also, along with the description of what the problems you see actually are, it might be helpful if you could provide the .map file generated for your project, both from Red Suite and from MCUXpresso IDE

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

adarshtrivedi
Contributor I

I referred installation guide and modified MCUXpresso configurations but still, I am facing the same issue.

FYI, the Red Suite IDE version is v5.1.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I would first of all suggest that you study Chapter 14, "Memory Configuration and Linker Scripts", of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 User Guide, which explains how linker scripts are handled in MCUXpresso IDE.

There have been a lot of changes made since the last Red Suite release back in 2013. But exactly what might be causing you issues really depends upon how old a version of Red Suite you were previously using.

I would suggest that it would probably be worth looking at the LPCXpresso IDE v8.2.2 Installation Guide, which contains some migration hints and tips on moving from older IDE versions. You can download this from the "Documentation" tab of:

https://www.nxp.com/lpcxpresso 

And then you could also look at the the MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 Installation Guide too, which some information on migrating from LPCXpresso IDE too (in your install directory, else downloadable from MCUXpresso IDE|NXP ).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos