cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bitbake microwindows with freetype2 support

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi,

I try to bitbake microwindows with freetype2 or freetype support. I bitbaked freetype which is built into

./work/cortexa7fh...-gnueabi/freetype/2.6.5-r0/freetype-2.6.5

I exported microwindow to build/workspace/source/microwindows/src (0.91 version)

in the config file under the src, I enabled HAVE_FREETYPE2_SUPPORT

I got error when compiling ./engine/font_freetype2.c

FTC_ImageTypeRec has no member of font.

FTC_ImageTypeRec
typedef struct FTC_ImageTypeRec_
{
    FTC_FaceID face_id;
    FT_Int      width;
    FT_Int      height;
    FT_Int32    flags;

} FTC_ImageTypeRec;

In old version (say before 2.1.0 ) , the structure has font field, but not in the 2.6.5

typedef struct FTC_ImageTypeRec_
{
    FTC_FontRec font;
    FT_Int32     flags;

} FTC_ImageTypeRec;

Can anyone give me a hint what is missing? It seems to me the microwindow bitbaking is not configured to use 2.6.5, which is bitbaked in the build folder.

Thank you,

david Zhou

0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David Zhou,

The i.MX BSP has the Freetype2 (2.6.5) recipe as you mentioned, and I’m not sure if the Nano-X Windows System (formerly Microwindows) version you are using supports this version of Freetype (the latest 0.92 version of Nano-X Window System does support Freetype 2, however).

I’m not familiar with Nano-X but I would recommend looking through their documentation or into dedicated forums for more insight.

Regards,

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hello Gusarambula

I have downloaded freetype2 version 2.8.1. I copied FreeType2 include files into microwindows folder, and add INCLUDEDIRS+= -I$(MW_DIR_SRC)/$(INCLUDEFT2LIB) as local to microwindows. In other words, make freetype include as part of the microwindows,

It will able to be bitbaked.

Thank you for your email.

David Zhou

0 Kudos