"Split image" bring-up problem for MIPI CSI camera

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Split image" bring-up problem for MIPI CSI camera

SeanEdmnond
Contributor III

I have a bring-up issue with my camera.   I'm hoping someone else has experienced this issue and has a solution to the problem.

Description:

- see attached video
- sometimes on bring-up the image is split by a horizontal line
- the bottom of the image appears above the horizontal line, the top of the image appears below the horizontal line
- the horizontal line moves up the the image, once the line reaches the top of the image the video stream stays good indefinitely
- the location of the horizontal line when the error occurs is not consistent
- for RGB format, the colour in each section is off.  One section appears yellow, the other purple.  The "off" colour swaps between the top/bottom sections every ~1 second

Details:
- occurs with ov2732 and ov9281
- MIPI CSI camera (2 lane)
- 10-bit RAW format (ov2732 is RGB, ov9281 is grayscale)
- occurs with many different resolutions
- frequency of error is ~2-5%
- using solidrun kernel version git://github.com/SolidRun/linux-fslc.git, branch => 3.14-1.0.x-mx6-sr 
issue is also present with linux-imx-rel_imx_4.1.15_1.1.0_ga

- have patched the kernel to add support for RAW 10-bit format

- user space code is based off of mxc_v4l2_capture application in imx-test
- camera initialization code has been provided by FAE

Has anyone seen this problem?  At this point I don't know if this is a problem with the camera or the NXP hardware.  I expect I may be able to resolve this using a reset in the NXP hardware.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

alberto_lanaro
Contributor I

Hi SeanEdmnond, I am trying to use the OV9281 sensor with the imx8m SoC but I'm having some problems since there seems to be no available driver for this camera sensor... Do you have any driver code or suggestion that could help me? Thank you!

Best regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sean

what is full processor name and error status values in MIPI_CSI_ERR

registers. One try to narrow down issue with rechecking clocks settings described

in sect.3.4. MIPI D-PHY clock AN5305 MIPI-CSI2 Peripheral on i.MX6 MPUs

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5305.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

SeanEdmnond
Contributor III

I've seen the issue on 3 different NXP products:
i.MX6 Quad
i.MX6 Dual
i.MX6 Solo

I don't know the revision number, but I'll try to find it.

When the problem occurs, I usually see that the first value read on MIPI_CSI_ERR1 is non-zero.  Every value after the first read is 0.  The values that's I've seen are:
0x10           (error matching frame start with frame end)
0x1000000 (incorrect frame sequence)
0x1010       (CRC err, and error matching frame start with frame end)

I will double check the D-PHY clock settings.  I was assumed this wasn't the issue because MIPI_CSI_ERR1[3:0] are all zero.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sean

what board used in the case, please try to test on nxp reference board i.MX6Q Sabre SD

with nxp bsps described on

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos