LPC824 no crystal LPCLink ProbeV1.3 MCUXpresso debug error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC824 no crystal LPCLink ProbeV1.3 MCUXpresso debug error

kiryat8
Contributor III

A year ago we were able to debug this LPC824 custom board without a problem evidently with LPCXpresso 8.00 and LinkServer v1.1 & v1.2 . Now with the MCUXpresso and v1.3 the debugger fails to connect with a variety of errors.

I do not know how to revert to LinkServer v1.2 to see if that is the problem. Our hardware guy got the debugger working with the hardware by just touching his probe to the SWCLK pin of the SWD. He then added a 22pF capacitor that allowed the LPCXpresso 8.00 to debug but not the MCUXpresso 10.1 IDE.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

How can I revert to v1.2? I uninstalled and reinstalled LPCXpresso 8.00 but the v1.3 files were not removed and I got v1.3 in the end.

I attached the hardware design.

The debugger console

Reconnected to existing redlink server (PID 4294967295) Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (server PID unknown) gave 'OK' Probe Firmware: LPC-Link Probe v1.3 (NXP - LPC-Link) Serial Number: WIN64HS12 VID:PID: 1FC9:0009 USB Path: connection to debug bus (DpID 0x0BC11477 AP Index[0]: 0xFFFFFFFF) SWD failed - 'Em(04). Cannot provide power to DAP bus.' connection failed - Em(04). Cannot provide power to DAP bus... Retrying connection to debug bus (DpID 0x0BC11477 AP Index[0]: 0xFFFFFFFF) SWD failed - 'Em(04). Cannot provide power to DAP bus.' Failed on connect: Em(04). Cannot provide power to DAP bus. Connected&Reset. Was: NotConnected. DpID: 00000000. CpuID: 00000000. Info: Last stub error 0: OK Last sticky error: 0x0 AIndex: 0 No debug bus (MemAp) selected DAP Speed test unexecuted or failed Debug protocol: SWD. RTCK: Disabled. Vector catch: Enabled. (100) Target Connection Failed error closing down debug session - Em(02). MEM-AP is not selected.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David Kaplan,

What the LPCLINK debugger you are using ? From any other board?

MCUXpresso can use the LPC_LINK2 associate with the CMSIS-DAP or the JLINK to debug LPC824.

LPC-LINK is very old, I don't recomend you back to LPCLINK probe V1.2, I suggest you to use the LPC-LINK2 with your customer LPC824 board.

LPC-Link2|NXP 

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos