Yocto how to add a gstreamer opencv plugin?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto how to add a gstreamer opencv plugin?

dongpv
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to build a custom image for an i.MX6 board by using Yocto.
I want to add the plugin 'libgstopencv' from gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad_1.8.1 (NXP's 4.1.15-2.1.0 Yocto Project BSP)

But I can't figure out how to add this plugin to my yocto build.
I tried some things but these have not worked.

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad = " opencv" (add into local.conf)
Do I need to add something to my local.conf file or do I need to modify a .bb file?

Thanks

Dong

3 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for how to enable the opencv, pls add the command as below in the local.conf, the path is fsl-release-bsp/build/conf,
"CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "libopencv-core-dev libopencv-highgui-dev libopencv-imgproc-dev libopencv-objdetect-dev libopencv-ml-dev"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "opencv-apps opencv-dev python-opencv python-modules""

dongpv
Contributor III

Hi Joan Xie,

Thanks for your response. I have found the root core why I can't enabled opencv plugin for gstreamer1.0-plugin-bad is version of opencv higher limited.

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(OPENCV, opencv >= 2.3.0 opencv < 2.5.0 (in tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad/1.8.1-r0/gst-plugins-bad-1.8.1/configure.ac)

I want to use opencv 3.1 for my bsp. Do you know how to configure to it support version 3.1 in current BSP of imx6?

Dong

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what I said is for opencv 3.1, one can add the command in the local.conf, but  when I use the sdk to build the opencv3.1, it has some issue about g++, but you can try it and refer my doucment as below:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-335197 

0 Kudos