Ethernet Transmission Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Transmission Problem

pankajpatil
Contributor II

Hello,  we are using LPC54608J512. While working with ethernet stuck somewhere in transmission of data. 

MAC is configured as described in datasheet and as referenced by sample codes in LPCexpresso. 

1) Data is receiving as expected. And working fine.  Also physical chip communicate correctly. 

That gives all events correctly like autonegotiation. PHY8720

2 ) steps following for transmission:

a) Fill buffer for at current descriptor index

b) setup descriptor for transmission. IOC                    disabled. 

c) increment descriptor index

d) set tail pointer = next descriptors start                     address in ring. 

e) poll for own flag to clear by descriptor

f) following steps a to e for each                                 transmission. 

Even if we use interrupt for transmission, get interrupt after each transmission. 

But frame in not shown at PC side,  wireshark 

How we can check transmitted out frames by MAC?  Is there any configuration wrong? 

How to check frame received by Phy8720? 

Please help for the same. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

pankajpatil
Contributor II

Hello,

I have checked the transmitted frames at other device, it seen like last 3-4 bytes are corrupted.

Is any one faced this issue in transmission? Please reply for the same.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pankaj Patil,

Thanks for your reply.

Which demo code you run, and whether you can upload the captured data or wave.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pankajpatil
Contributor II

Hello,

I have checked status of TXEN pin, it seen like some variations while transmission, It not acts as accepted(High while transmission). 

So, I any one has faced this issue, please help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.

I'd highly recommend you to refer to the demos in the ~\boards\lpcxpresso54608\driver_examples\enet file of the SDK library.

MCUXpresso SDK|NXP 

pastedImage_2.png
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

pankajpatil
Contributor II

Hello jeremyzhou,

Yes, I have refered the sample program for implementation.

I have checked the waveform for TXD0, TXD1, and TXEN it looks like correct, while transmission. But I am

using wireshark to see packets transmitted by device. I think I am somewhere wrong at checksum and insertion control.

I am transmitting ARP packet on the network.

Is there any other way or simulation software to see transmitted packets.

Thanks.

0 Kudos