Hi NXP Team,
I am working for MPC5744P and testing the FCCU Module.
Following are the issues which i face and request your support.
Note : I use TRACE32 as be debugger window and LAUGHTERBACH is the debugger which i use.
- 1. I find the FCCU is getting initialized (NORAMAL TO CONFIGURE && CONFIGURE TO NORMAL state) only after HARDWARE POWER ON RESET. Through DEBUGGER, if i give SOFT RESET, the FCCU STATE is going to ABORT State.
MY understanding is, the FCCU WATCHDOG TIMER would have not get initialized by the SOFT RESET, so that only, the FCCU is going to the ABORT STATE. Could you please confirm if my understanding is correct or Pl correct me if i am WRONG...?
- While i was testing the FAULT REACTION by configuring the FAULT REACTION as " No reset reaction " in "NCFS Configuration Register" I find the MICRO is reaching the EXCEPTION LOOP.
The configurations done are as follows:
- FAKE FAULT INJECTED is " BIST NON CRITICAL FAULT: 0X09 "
- FAULT LINE 0x09 is been configured as " SOFTWARE FAULT " in NCF Configuration Register
- FAULT LINE 0x09 is been configured as "No reset reaction" in NCFS Configuration Register
- FAULT LINE 0x09 is been configured as " ENABLED " in NCF Enable Register (FCCU_NCF_En)
- FAULT LINE 0x09 is been configured as " ENABLED " in NCF Time-out Enable Register (FCCU_NCF_TOEn)
- NCF Time-out Register (FCCU_NCF_TO) is been set to "0xFFFE" ( The approximate TIME OUT is 4 ms).
I request to understand, why the system is reaching the EXCEPTION state...?
Please find the attached VIDEO “ EXCEPTION ERROR_NO FAULTREACTION_FCCU” and can be run in any media player by changing the extension of the file.
- While I was trying to move the system from " NORMAL TO ALARM " and then " ALRAM to NORMAL", I find the FCCU reached the FAULT state without turning to NORMAL STATE.
The FAULT which is try to create is FAKE FALUT and it is ADC0 SELF TEST FAULT and the corresponding NCF number is 47. (As mentioned in the FAULT CONFIGURATION SECTION at 7.11.3 in MPC5744 reference manual)
I injected the fault by writing directly to STCR2[SERR] bit and cleared the fault in the next instruction cycle itself. MY system clock is 200 MHZ.
Even though, i find the FCCU reach "Fault “state admits of the FAULT clearing.
Please find the attached VIDEO “ ALARM_TO_NORMAL_FAILURE” and can be run in any media player by changing the extension of the file.