cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 IPU DC

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi, 

There is a description in Reference Manual about DC.

Data oriented signals - The DC may add markers to data sent to the DI. These
markers are used to indicate a specific attribute of the data (for example: end-of-line,
end-of-frame, chip-select etc.). The marker coming from the DC triggers a specific
waveform of one or more signals on the display's interface. The specific waveform
will be seen on the bus along with the associated data. The markers may be synced to a time oriented signal. For example: attach the end-of-frame signal to the next
VSYNC.

1. What is this marker for?  Does this marker use only internally for DI or output to some pins?

2. How does these markers add? Are there some control registers?

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. What is this marker for?  Does this marker use only internally for DI or output to some pins?

> I think the RM says this, markers are used to indicate a specific attribute of the data (for example: end-of-line,
end-of-frame, chip-select etc.). 

2. How does these markers add? Are there some control registers?

> refer to the data sheet,

The asynchronous control is a data-oriented signal that changes its value with an output data according to
additional internal flags coming with the data.
There are special physical outputs to provide asynchronous controls, as follows:
• The ipp_d0_cs and ipp_d1_cs pins are dedicated to provide chip select signals to two displays.
• The ipp_pin_11– ipp_pin_17 are general purpose asynchronous pins, that can be used to provide
WR. RD, RS or any other data-oriented signal to display.

0 Kudos