Questions about CROSS_COMPILE path

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about CROSS_COMPILE path

thanh
Contributor II

Sorry, i am a new guy and I have a problem when I try to understand about configuring u-boot in imx6soloqsabresd.

"Create a shell script under <UBOOT_DIR> named build_u-boot.sh.
The file contents are as follows:
#!/bin/bash
export ARCH=arm
export CROSS_COMPILE=<path to cross compiler prefix> (e.g.,
/opt/poky/1.4.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linuxgnueabi/
arm-poky-linux-gnueabimake-
make distclean;
make mx<custom board name>_config
make"

How can I know the exact <path to cross compiler prefix>  is?

What does 1.4.1 means? In another document, I found that number were changed to 2.0.1 or 1.8.9,...

Thank you.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this should be the version, 1.4.1 is just for example for you, you need to choose your own version, this is path for complier.

thanh
Contributor II

Hi Joan Xie, Thanks for answering me.

I built a tool-chain (cross-compiler) by "bitbake meta-toolchain" and found out the path.
/opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.1.15-2.1.0/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-

But I got a new problem. The result shows that it can't find the -lgcc library. I tried some way, change to new tool-chain and many things but can't fix that problem.

Then I installed new toolchain by this code: sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf. So my compile path was "export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-" and it ran fine.

It doesn't a cross-compiler, right? I wonder if there is any problem. If not, why did we don't necessarily need the cross-compiler in this situation? and what does the cross-compiler stand for?

And I am researching how to configure u-boot for running on the customized board. Can you give me some advice? What does the thing that I need to change first on u-boot or need to note?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I don't know why you couldn't install the meta-toolchain refer to your information, but if you use apt-get install arm-*, you can get the toolchain under /usr/bin, which maybe is difference between yocto own toolchain, so if you need to use external toolchain, you can install the any toolchian you like.

for how to change the uboot under yocto, you can refer to the link as below

https://community.nxp.com/thread/308722 

thanh
Contributor II

Hi Joan Xie, thank you so much for your help. 

0 Kudos