cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB HOST CDC

giannigrondona
Contributor III

Hi

I don't understand how works the example USB_HOST_CDC  included in SDK library for microprocessor LPC54608..

The example run on demo board  OM13092.

I have connected a serial port to connector P4 of DEMOBOARD and I have attached a CDC  serial device on USB0 port  of DEMOBOARD.  I connected the serial TX pin with the serial RX pin of  CDC serial device.

I suppose when I send a single byte through serial port connected to  P4 of DEMOBOARD I have to receive  the same byte on RX serial port connected to P4 of DEMOBOARD. 

I don't receive anything on serial port connected to P4.

What's wrong? How does the example work?

Best Regards

Giovanni

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the later reply.

Please refer below connection:

The USB CDC device could be another Kinetis board or another LPCXpresso54608 board.

The USB CDC device board is using MCUXpresso SDK's [dev_cdc_vcom_bm] demo software.

pastedImage_1.png

Below is serial terminal print info:

pastedImage_2.png

The default <host_cdc_bm> projects' <usb_host_config.h> file using USB Full Speed Port as USB host :

#define USB_HOST_CONFIG_OHCI (1U)

If customer want to use USB High Speed Port as USB host, please change to set below macro definition:

#define USB_HOST_CONFIG_IP3516HS (1U)

Wish it helps.

best regards,

Mike

giannigrondona
Contributor III

Hi Mike

Thank you...but I would like to debug the application HOST CDC with PC. So I think I donìt have any serial port available to send bytes.....

Best regards

Giovanni

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Giovanni,

If you are using the LPCXpresso54608 board, which provides on board Link2 debug probe. The Link2 debug probe supports CMSIS-DAP debug protocol, which provides the virtual COM(VCOM) port.

You could use serial terminal software on PC, such as Teraterm, puTTY to communicate with that virtual COM port.

More detailed info, please check the LPCXpresso54608 Board User Manual.

Wish it helps.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos