PN532 can't read NFC card type B

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN532 can't read NFC card type B

davidegalifi
Contributor I

I'm trying to use the PN532 by Elechouse V3 connected through i2c to the raspberry-pi to read debit and credit card and I manage to read the type-A card successfully. I can't read the type-b cards though.

These are the step I'm following according to the manual https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/141520.pdf:

• Setting SAM configuration to normal mode sending bytes [0xD4, 0x14, 0x01, 0x01, 0x00] (not sure this is required though)
  • Sending InListPassiveTarget with bytes [0xD4, 0x4A, 0x01, 0x03, 0x00]

I was expecting to be able to read the type-B cards at this point but nothing happens when I try to put a card close to the reader.

I've also tried changing the RF configuration settings sending the bytes [0xD4, 0x32, 0x0C, 0xFF, 0x17, 0x85] before the InListPassiveTarget and also tried using the InAutoPoll method with all the possible values but still no luck.

Are the type-b cards definitely supported?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

marcinżelaznows
Contributor I

Hi Davide,

Did you manage to communicate with this module. I also have a problem with that. I am trying to do this with the same configuration without success. I wrote a program in C ++. If you have any questions or a ready solution then please contact me.

Best regards 

Marcin

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Davide,

Yes, it supports. Please refer to the attached script for details.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidegalifi
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

thanks a lot for you reply. I had a look at the attachment but it's still not clear what are the steps I should follow in order to make the InListPassiveTarget for typeB to work.

I can see in the cmd there are lots of write and read register operations but can't see anything interacting with a card. 

Would you mind being more specific and tell me what are the exact frames that needs to be sent to the PN532 in order to make the InListPassiveTarget with bytes [0xD4, 0x4A, 0x01, 0x03, 0x00] to work ?

Have a great day

Davide

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Davide,

The script has provided sample for sending the data, please refer to the following for details.

//> REQB/WUPB :
//> -----------
08 63 3a 80;    // flush FIFO
08 63 39 05;    // FIFO - Anticollision Prefix
08 63 39 00;    // FIFO - AFI code (all families)
08 63 39 00;    // FIFO - Param (b3: WUPB, b0-b2: No. of Slots)
06 63 3a;    // Read FIFOLevel

08 63 3d 80;    // BitframingReg - StartSend, TxLastBits

For the complete command description, please refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/141520.pdf for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!