Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG I2C plus - End to end data integrity with SRAM pass-through mode

Jump to solution
arulchristopher
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a code where bulk transfer is triggered through SRAM pass through mode with FAST_READ/FAST_WRITE(Microcontroller -> NTAG I2C plus -> Reader). I am thinking to add "end-to-end data integrity check" (where ACK/NACK will be sent from Reader --> NTAG I2C plus --> Microcontroller):

CRC per 64-byte block

a. Add CRC to 64-byte block. Transfer data to tag using I2C

b. Read 64-bytes through NFC interface

c. Send ACK/NACK from NFC to I2C through SRAM

[DATA (62 bytes + 2 byte crc)]   Microcontroller --> NTAG I2C plus --> Reader

[ACK/NACK]   Reader --> NTAG I2C plus --> Microcontroller

Few questions:

1. Is this "end-to-end data integrity check" needed or "Data integrity" available in section 8.2.1 of NT3H2111_2211.pdf will be sufficient?

2. Is it possible for a retry mechanism with the "Data integrity" supported by NTAG I2C plus.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arul Christopher John Britto,

I have answered your questions in the case you submitted, and we may continue the discussion there.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arul Christopher John Britto,

I have answered your questions in the case you submitted, and we may continue the discussion there.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!