cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader for nxp MC56F82748

anoopsingh
Contributor I

Hi,

I need Bootloader code and tool for MC56F82748. I use P&E DSC programmer to flash the .elf file.

Can I use RAppID BL Tool to send the .elf file and flash it using appropriate bootloader code?

What are the settings required? Is only .hex file or .s file supported by bootloader code?

Also, how to put device in bootloader mode first?

Please provide me the bootloader code for MC56F82748 in C language. 

Can I send .hex or .elf.s file via USART to a PIC and then from PIC send this to NXP controller through SPI and flash using bootloader? This is due to reason PIC is associated with bluetooth module but nxp MCU not so .elf.s or .hex file can only be sent to nxp MCU via PIC only as per the design. 

Regards,

Aks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

KermithG
Contributor I

Hi Xiangjun,

I would like to know if this bootloader requires a specific devkit or PE configuration, 

I simply flash this to MC56F82748 and edited some uart debug, it does not seem to run or display logs

currently C3 and C2 for Tx and Rx as mentioned in AN4275

0 Kudos

KermithG
Contributor I

I will close this query, it appears I am having issue with power supply, was not able to boot properly

after changing supply to regulated, now it was able to boot

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Anoop,

You can use bootloader to load the application code to flash. firstly, the bootloader only recongnize the S recorder file, so you have to generate the S recorder file based on your application code with CodeWarrior tools, you can use Hyperterminal or the other tools from PC to dopwnload the S recorder file.

I attach the bootloader code for MC56F82748.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun rong

0 Kudos

anoopsingh
Contributor I

Hi Xiangjun rong,

I didn’t get the bootloader code for MC56F82748 as an attachment. Please send again.

Could you please send me the bootloader code with SPI interface and not serial as I have to send S record file via SPI call from a PIC controller to MC56F82748? Please clarify few queries.

1. Do I need to put MC56F82748 in bootloader mode and if yes, how? Or MC56F82748 can be flashed any time without any specific mode?

2. I would compile the bootloader code as a different project. What would be the entry point to this bootloader code? My main project will be separate and created ‘.s’ file of the project will be flashed by bootloader.

3. Do you have bootloader code with SPI interface? Please provide.

Thanks & regards,

Anoop.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Anoop,

As you see the screenshot, I have attached the bootloader code, pls download it. we haver only bootloader code based on uart instead of spi. Firstly, you have to compile the bootloader code and downloaded the bootloader code to flash, after reset, the DSC will run the bootloader code and poll the uart interface, once it receive S recorder file, it will save it in flash.

I attach the bootloader application note, although it is based on MC56F82xx, it also adapts to MC56F82xxx.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos