qspi NOR flash header for ISSI (i.mx7dual)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qspi NOR flash header for ISSI (i.mx7dual)

paololanconelli
Contributor I

Hello,

we are developing custom board based on i.MX7D-SABRE but we use different qspi nor flash: is25wp256d , is25wp512m by ISSI. We miss for them the requested header configuration file to write on the flash using mfgtool to allow i.mx7 to boot from them: what is the way to get these files or the easier method to write it by myshelf ? Inside the mfgtool there are only header config files for some flash by macronix/micron/spansion (qspi-nor-macronix-mx25l51245g-config,qspi-nor-micron-n25q256a-config,qspi-nor-spansion-s25fl128s-config ).

We have already a custom u-boot and linux kernel booting from sd card and running on our board and the qspi nor flash (is25wp256d) is recognized both from u-boot and kernel.

Thanks much in advance,

Paolo     

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paolo

I am afraid there is no tool for creating headers, one can use existing and modify

them according to datasheet of new parts and sect.6.6.6.3 QuadSPI Configuration

Parameters i.MX7D Reference Manual. May be useful to check hardware booting

from other media (like sd) and test qspi. In linux one can look at imx7d-sdb-qspi.dtsi
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-imx.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx7d-sdb-qspi.dtsi?h...

In general help with developing new software one can get with professional services.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos