Anthony Smith

Info on MC68HC08AB16A

Discussion created by Anthony Smith on Oct 3, 2008
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2008 by Anthony Smith
Hi all,

G'day guys, I'm new to these forums.  I am a university student and I have the distinct pleasure of doing a research assignment on the MC68HC08AB16A microcontroller.  I am first year so my questions will not be as demanding as the pros here might be used to, so I appologise in advance.  The upshot of course would be that you may not find my questions particularly demanding :smileyhappy:

The problem I am facing is that I cannot locate the information I require on the datasheets.  The other problem I am facing is that all my answers must be refferenced to datasheets so I cannot make any assumptions.  Hence the dilema.....

So here is the first of what I think could be many questions:

Q) Does the microcontroller have support for external memory? If so, what is the maximum amount of external memory that can be supported?

A)Modular architecture with expandable internal bus definition for extension of addressing range beyond 64K-bytes  ref: MC68HC08AB16A — Rev. 2.1 sect 7.3 pg 82

That is my current answer, which I am sure is incorrect, it also doesn't answer the second part of the question.  Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.  Cheers, Tony.

Outcomes