cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I solve the problem of Freemaster communication

wangxuan
Contributor III

Hi,

I already own the HVP-MC3PH, which contains the High-Voltage Development Platform (main board) and the HVP-KV46F150 Controller Card,I want to use it to control PMSM, I am learning MCRSP_PMSM_V1.2.0 provided by NXP, I read PMSMCRSPUG.pdf, there are some questions and problems I hope you can answer and help:
1. I use the compiler IAR Embedded_Workbench7.0 which I can compile and download into my HVP-KV46F150 Controller Card, but I do not have an existing motor now and I found "build_demos" and "build_ref_solutions" Knowing that the routine in "build_ref_solutions" controls the actual motor, the "build_demos" project serves for demonstration purposes, and includes only the functions and routines neccessary for motor control. This project includes only the speed Field-Oriented Control (FOC).) So for the moment without motors, can I only use "build_demos"? How can I detect the algorithm?
2.In addition, there was a problem with my evaluation board communicating with freeMaster. I could to connect via Direct RS232 because I did not have the conversion module for USB2CAN, but there was a problem with the screenshot. What should I do? Thank you .

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, WangXuan,

This is the difference of demo_mode and build_ref_solutions.

The PMSM package includes two projects for each board used (“build_demos“ and “build_ref_solutions“). The „build_demos“ project serves for demonstration purposes, and includes only the functions and routines neccessary for motor control. This project includes only the speed Field-Oriented Control (FOC). It does not include automatic Motor Identification Parameters (MID) and other types of motor control, such as scalar or vector control.
The “build_ref_solutions“ project includes all available functions and routines, MID functions, scalar and vector control of the motor, FOC control, and FreeMASTER MCAT project. This project serves for development and testing purposes. Building of a project is described in Section 6, “Building and debugging application”.

In other words, the build_demos is suitable for the specific motor on the website, the build_ref_solutions is suitable for the customer motor, the build_ref_solutions can identifies the motor parameters automatically with MCAT tools internally.

Regarding the failure communication of freemaster, pls check the jumper setting or software configuration.

Hope it can help you

BR

xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos