cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue of i.mx53 board not booting

abhijitnaik
Contributor I

Hi all, 

I was testing the bootloader(u-boot.imx) for the i.mx537 based QSRB board through SD card which was build with defconfig of mx53loco_defconfig, I was able to get boot prompt, the last version of boot loader I tested was built with defconfig, tx53-x130_defconfig, for that I didn't get boot prompt. After this, board is not at booting. Can I revive the board with other booting option or can you suggest me some tips to use the board in some other way 

Regards

Abhijit

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abhijit

if custom board is based on NXP reference board IMX53QSB, i.MX53 Quick Start Board

then it is necessary to use bsps for that board on:

i.MX53 Quick Start Board|NXP 

Also one can use baremetal OBDS:

Lab and Test Software (2)
On-Board Diagnostic Suit for the i.MX53 Quick Start Board

For software porting one can follow guidelines provided in i.MX53 System Development User’s Guide

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MX53UG.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

abhijitnaik
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks Igor for the reply.

When I power up the i.mx53 quick start board, all the blue LEDs (LCD, VGA, SATA, 3.3v) and green LEDs (PMIC, 5v, USR) are getting on and remains stable until I unplug power supply. Is i.mx53 quick start board working correctly after getting these LED status?

Regards,

Abhijit

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abhijit

there is nothing wrong with board, as leds stay in some default state after power up.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos