AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change MCU and Linkerfiles from heart rate monitor example to MKW31Z

Question asked by Robert Näger on Dec 11, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 by Robert Näger

Dear Community

For my final project I started programming on the FRDM KW41Z development board. But now my own PCBA with a MCU MKW31Z is manufactured and works fine. Therefore, I would like to change the target MCU from FRDM KW41Z to MKW31Z and its linker files using the example project heart rate monitoring.

Anyway, I managed to build and debug my PCBA with an empty project. It worked fine.

I read many instructions how changing the target MCU but I have not solved the problem to change the linker files that it compiles. I tried to adapt my code like E. Styger advised: Tutorial: Porting BLE+NRF Kinetis Design Studio Project to MCUXpresso IDE | MCU on Eclipse but taking the project settings form the heart rate monitor project to a new one.

However, I could not manage to work, because the linker files looked also a little bit different.

After building I get following errors:

make: *** [MKW31Z256xxx4_braking_disc_control_unit.axf] Error 1 MKW31Z256xxx4_braking_disc_control_unit C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `__RAM_VECTOR_TABLE_SIZE_BYTES' fsl_common.c /MKW31Z256xxx4_braking_disc_control_unit/drivers line 114 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `__VECTOR_RAM' fsl_common.c /MKW31Z256xxx4_braking_disc_control_unit/drivers line 114 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `__VECTOR_TABLE' fsl_common.c /MKW31Z256xxx4_braking_disc_control_unit/drivers line 114 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `FREESCALE_PROD_DATA_BASE_ADDR' Flash_Adapter.c /MKW31Z256xxx4_braking_disc_control_unit/framework/Flash/Internal line 529 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `roundf' fsl_xcvr_trim.c /MKW31Z256xxx4_braking_disc_control_unit/framework/XCVR/MKW41Z4 line 675 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `roundf' fsl_xcvr_trim.c /MKW31Z256xxx4_braking_disc_control_unit/framework/XCVR/MKW41Z4 line 679 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `roundf' fsl_xcvr_trim.c /MKW31Z256xxx4_braking_disc_control_unit/framework/XCVR/MKW41Z4 line 723 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `roundf' fsl_xcvr_trim.c /MKW31Z256xxx4_braking_disc_control_unit/framework/XCVR/MKW41Z4 line 724 C/C++ Problem

Thank you really much.

Robert

Outcomes