cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the u-boot timeout

benjaminblundel
Contributor I

Hello there.

So I'm having a lot of trouble getting my kernel to work. It just halts on "starting kernel..." and doesn't do very much.

My main concern is that I don't know how to get more information out of the kernel to figure out why it is failing.

I'm working on an Itron board which is based on the imx28evk.

What I was hoping to do is start with u-boot. If I can make changes to U-Boot I can at least know that the changes I'm making in my build process are being reflected on the board.

I decided to change the u-boot 'press any key to enter setup' timeout figure.

However I don't know how to set this. The default appears to be 0 seconds, but where is this set? Somewhere in meta-freescale, or should I be looking at the source files themselves? I notice the bootdelay variable is there, but as far as I can tell, this can only be set with the setenv command which is no good.

How can I change this simple value so that when I put in my new SDCard image, it actually takes effect on the board?

Cheers

Ben

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Benajmin,

The variable is bootdelay and default is 3 seconds. If the BSP that you are using is not form NXP you may contact the developer of the BSP you are using for support.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos