Where is the driver selection in Config Tools v4?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the driver selection in Config Tools v4?

benjaminnoack
Contributor I

If I choose to create a new configuration based on the Hello World example, and then try to configure the SPI1 peripheral it show an error saying the driver is not found. Ok, well, why doesn't it let me import it? The config tools know which SDK I am using, it should be able to import the necessary driver files.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Benjamin Noack ,

When using the MCUXpresso Config tool to config peripherals, it generate two files "peripherals.c" and "peripherals.h",

it only includes the initialize information code, the drivers are in driver  files, when you create project, you need choose

peripherals driver that you need. Please ignore the error , in fact, the initialize code has generate in the peripherals .c file,

just export them , then add them into your project 。

pastedImage_1.png

Also if you need MCUXpresso IDE, you can refer to Marek's said righting  click the error

reminder, then choose Add component .

Hope it helps,

Alice

benjaminnoack
Contributor I

Ok, so it seems the config tools no longer support the automatic inclusion of drivers during project creation. That is disappointing. The screenshot I attached is from v3 and it was a nice feature. Thank you for the reply.

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

error "XXX Driver is missing" means, that the driver is not included in the toolchain project. This does not cause any problem for Config Tools, e.g. you can ignore the error continue working in Config Tools, but when you switch back to IDE (MDK, IAR or MCUXpresso IDE), the project will not be compilable until you add the SDK driver.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Benjamin,

if you are using MCUXpresso IDE, just click on the problem in Problems view and select "Add component". Several problems allows to be fixed this way.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos