cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to target: lpc1114fn/102 - available attached probes

teodorkomarek
Contributor I

Hi,

I want using Link Server GUI flash programming, but I have problem with this.

My MCUxpresso IDE have I setted with these parameters:

Boot LPC-Link 2 = enable

lpc - link 2 boot type = CMSIS-DAP (default)

redlink server port(3025, 3050)

redlink wirespeed in Hz (0)

Block IDE request to kill redlink server = enable

shutdown redlink server = enable

kill redlink server on exit = enable

show timestamps in redlink console = enable

enable experimental features = enable

pull ISP on reset  (on lpc-link 2) = enable

lpc - link 2 boot DFU wait time  = 10

My laptop consist of Linux Mint - Sonya, AMD 1.7 GHz processor and 6GB RAM.

I want using mikrocontrollers ARM cortex M0 - lpc1114FN/102.

I have not and I cannot buying external debugger probe oder I have to using it to flash programming??

Where is problem by me?

Teodor

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First of all, note that Linux Mint is not a platform we claim to support, though given its relationship to Ubuntu MCUXpresso IDE may work without too many issues.

But that aside, the LinkServer GUI flash programmer requires you to have a LinkServer compatible debug probe (so a CMSIS-DAP based probe such as LPC-Link2, or an original LPC-Link) connected between your PC and your target MCU. If you don't have such a debug probe, then there is no way you will be able to get this work.

The alternative if you do not wish to obtain a debug probe then you could perhaps looks at using UART ISP mode of the chip using a program such as FlashMagic (Flash Magic - Welcome ) to download to your target MCU instead.

Note that LPC-Link2's are not expensive though - typically ~$20. And would give you the ability to debug your program as well as download it into the flash memory of your MCU.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

teodorkomarek
Contributor I

Hi,

thx for your answer, but I have still one question. I downloaded LPC21ISP flash program for Linux and I have problem with COM port. I have setted dev/ttyS0 as COM1, but I can not burn bootloader, Can I have to use JTAG - USB cable for burn bootloader to lpc 1114/102 as target MCU??

Thx for your nexte answer,

Teodor

0 Kudos