Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54608 DUAL USB and Device Mode question

k2
Contributor III

LPC54608 USB question's (2).

1st USB question:

Can i have both HS Device and a HS Controller stacks running. I think the documentation states it supports both

running ? Can anyone confirm ?

I have single instances of Device or Controller demo's that run - both not both.

I have a design that requires both. Is there any Demo code that exercises both stacks running.

I suppose i could combine 2 separate Demo's and try it.

2nd USB question : For USB Device mode i need to implement the internal FS DP pullup.

How is this done ? 

I have tried enabling USB_DEVICE_CONFIG_REMOTE_WAKEUP - thinking this would assert the D+ pullup for host attachment. I desparately need the D+ signalling for device attachment as the host doesn't assert VBUS.

Please advise.

I'm using the OM13095 devel kit.

Kevin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1. Yes, it is possible, if you download the LPC54608 MCUXpresso SDK you will find the usb_keyboard2mouse example that you can use as reference.

This example implements the host and the device, where the KHCI works as a host and the EHCI works as a device.
The host supports the keyboard device and device works as a mouse when connecting to the PC.

You can download the SDK from the foolowing link: Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

2. The softConnect signal is implemented internally. An external pull-up resistor between USB_DP and VDD is not necessary. Software can control the pull-up by setting the DCON bit in the DEVCMDSTAT register. If the DCON bit is set to 1, the USB_DP line is pulled up to VDD through an internal 1.5 KOhm pull-up resistor.

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

k2
Contributor III

Soledad, 

do you if the LPC54608 - Can USB0 support HS as a Device ?

I know USB1 can. I need USB0 to be a HS device as well.

I currently have USB1 running as a HS Host and USB0 running as a FS Device.

This all is working.

Also can you confirm that the ROM API for USB0 is limited to just FS ?

Seems to be. 

Kevin

0 Kudos