DDR initialization

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR initialization

abi01
Contributor I

I'm running baremetal sample that comes with CW (File->New->ARMv8 Stationery->Hello World C Project) for LS1012A device (freedom board + cmsis-dap). Target init script execution is disabled:

pastedImage_1.png

I would like to know where is the code that performs DDR initialization located, since target init file is a python script which is not executed according to the screenshot? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The ddr initialization is located only in python script.

Adrian

0 Kudos

abi01
Contributor I

Ok, but the sample is operational even if target initialization file is not executed (see screenshot from the previous post). 

pastedImage_1.png

So my conclusion was that the DDR is initialized also somewhere else. Can you please explain how is this possible?

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you have uboot running on your board? Check in Debug configuration > Startup you have Reset and Delay = 0 selected and also Halt selected. Using this config you can be sure that nothing (in this case uboot) is initialize the ddr and the code will not be able to be downloaded into ddr.

Adrian

0 Kudos

abi01
Contributor I

I have a default configuration: baremetal sample template that comes with CW and target board(frdm) out of the box. Here is my startup config:

pastedImage_1.png

The sample starts working when I unchecked target initialization file. Until then it doesn't. 

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usage of cmsis-dap will generate a reset skid, meaning the core cannot be stopped immediately. Becasue of this uboot have time to run ddr initialization.

You can use a CWTAP to avoid reset skid or detele the uboot on your board.

Adrian

0 Kudos