cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pins Tool for iMX6SX

Jump to solution
davidpatton
Contributor III

I've downloaded several versions of the Pins Tool, including the latest version 4.0, but the only processor available in the list is the i.MX 6Quad; I am using the i.MX 6SoloX on a custom board. I've been through the doc's, but I cannot find anything that helps. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks...

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
petrstruzka
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

Please make sure you are connected to internet and you can reach mcuxpresso.nxp.com. If not, you will see only pre-installed processors. Tool is downloading and caching processors for offline use, but you need to be connected at least to get them.

Regards,

Petr Struzka

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
davidpatton
Contributor III

The company firewall was quietly blocking access to this particular site, sheesh...thanks everyone

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David Patton,

I have tested V4 of this tool for Windows 64-bit and I did find that all the i.MX6 variants were installed. Would you please try opening a new configuration using the File>New.. and then “Create new configuration for processor, board or kit” and let us know what boards and processors you have available? It should look something like this:

Pins Tool V4.jpg 

Also, would you please let us know in which OS are you using the tool?

Regards,

0 Kudos
davidpatton
Contributor III

PinsTool v4.0

pastedImage_3.jpg

I only see 1 board, 1 processor

pastedImage_1.jpg

I am running Windows 10

pastedImage_2.jpg

0 Kudos
petrstruzka
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

Please make sure you are connected to internet and you can reach mcuxpresso.nxp.com. If not, you will see only pre-installed processors. Tool is downloading and caching processors for offline use, but you need to be connected at least to get them.

Regards,

Petr Struzka

0 Kudos