cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART polling kl26z - MCUXpresso config tools

grochal7
Contributor III

Hello,

i've got some problem (i guess) with mcuxpresso config tools + KL26z. 

When I use example project "uart_polling" all work, but when I try to use code uart_polling.c with my configuration - uart dont response.

I set uart1 txd and uart rxd in MCUXpresso config tools (attachment).

My program stops on UART_INIT().

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

grochal7
Contributor III

Thank u for help!

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

what version of SDK do you use and what version of the Config Tools?

The latest version (V4) of the Config Tools allows to import SDK example and modify the imported settings. The detailed steps are described in Quick Start Guide distributed with the tool.

I have just verified for uart_polling, that after import, the generated code remains unchanged (except comments).

Hope that helps.

If you still have a problem, please attach your MEX file.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek

grochal7
Contributor III

Hi Marek, 

thank you for answer.

I used v3, now i got v4. 

But my board is not supported.

I use config tools v3 -> create configuration (only configure txd and rxd) and create project by using project generator. Then i use "import SDK examples" in MCUXpresso IDE (by using "import the example from a compliant XML description". Then my i use polling code ("coppy and paste"). 

Could u tell me what i'm doing wrong?

EDIT:

LED_Toggle is working! So Sth wrong with my UART configuration...

EDIT2:

My SDK version is "SDK_2.2_FRDM-KL26Z"

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom.

what do you mean by "But my board is not supported."? I can use FRDM-K46Z in V4.

In latest version of MCUXpresso IDE, Config Tools (V4) are already integrated. Just create project or example in MCUXpresso IDE and start the tool from project popup menu, modify configuration and hit 'Update Project Code'.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek

grochal7
Contributor III

Hi Marek,

Look below:

error.PNG

I'm trying to use new project or existing config (from examples). Still the same error - "MCU is not supported".

Below "project cloner window"

error2.PNG

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Tom,

in V4, there is new Peripherals tool, with limited number of supported devices. Both Pins and Clocks tool are supported for most of the devices (same as V3).

For Project cloner - the same functionality is supported in MCUXpresso IDE 10.1, so that's the reason whyt it is not supported in Config Tools. Simple select "Import SDK example" from Quickstart panel.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek

grochal7
Contributor III

My good :smileygrin:

Now I see!

"Just create project or example in MCUXpresso IDE and start the tool from project popup menu, modify configuration and hit 'Update Project Code'."

It is possible, that i cant found MCUXpresso config tools in project popup menu?

How to start it?

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

please ensure you have latest version of MCUXpresso IDE 10.1

Marek

Regards,
Marek