cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLRC663 problems with 424 kBit/s & 848 kBit/s

tomh
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using the CLRC663 chip coding with 14443A protocols. For the configuration of the used protocol and coding speed I refered to the application note AN11022.

106 kBit/s and 212 kBit/s seems to work fine so far, but I got timeouts while using 424 kBit/s and 848 kBit/s.

Are there any known issues using these higher baudrates along with the CLRC663?

Or is there maybe a new application note regarding this issue?

Best Regards, Tom

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If you are working with a custom board that would be the cause. I just tested it with our evaluation board CLEV6630B. As you can see in the following images, I loaded the 4 different protocols and then activated the card, As you can see I am able to read the card UID without any problem.

106Bd/s:

pastedImage_1.png

212 kBd/s:

pastedImage_2.png

424 kBd/s:

pastedImage_3.png

848 kBd/s:

pastedImage_4.png

I recommend that you start with our evaluation board and then move to your custom hardware. Or refer to our antenna design guide in the documentation section of CLRC663:

CLRC663 plus | multi-protocol NFC frontend|NXP 

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

tomh
Contributor I

Hi Ivan,

thanks for the reply. You are right I'm using a custom board and a custom antenna while refering on the antenna design of the CLRC663 documentation.

Activating the card isn't my problem either. I just run into timeouts when trying to send APDUs.

Do you know whether this test tool of yours JUST uses the "Load Protocol" command or is it maybe using some additional regsiter settings?

Best Regards, Tom

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

Sure, once you connect to the board (1), you will be able to read from or write to the Registers in number 2 section.

Please download NFC Cockpit from the following link in the DOWNLOADS section. you will also find documents in the DOCUMENTATION section for this software:

NFC Cockpit|NXP 

pastedImage_2.png

I hope this is of great help!

Have a great day!

Regards,

Ivan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos