cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K66 board not booting properly after power on reset

kuldeepmarker
Contributor I

kinetisk66‌power-on reset‌#not booting

I am using Kinetis K66 board and using IAR workbench as IDE. When I flash the board using the download and debug button of IAR the board executes the code as expected but as soon as I do a power on reset the board does not seems to execute the code. I don't know why the board is not executing the code after reset. I am using CMSIS startup file. Can you provide me some pointer as why the MCU is not able to execute the code that is expected. Is that has to do something with the vector table config. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kuldeep Marker,

Please debug your code in the IAR with your debugger, check whether your code works OK or not in the debug mode?

Beside, check your code, where it is downloaded, in the RAM or Flash.

Anyway, I suggest you debug the code at first.

Any updated information after you debug it, please kindly let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kuldeepmarker
Contributor I

HI Kerry Zhou,

Thanks for your reply. I have debugged my code and it is downloaded in flash properly. The only difference is that the starting address of flash has no data at its zero address. I can see the code residing after 0x00000400  address space. I doubt that because there is no data at zero address of the flash after the power on reset the MCU is not able to jump to the location where the code is residing in flash. Any suggestion how to handle this thing.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi kuldeep Marker,

Please check your IAR linker file, check the code address.

Besides, you also can refer to our KSDK code from this link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select 

Select the processor as K66 chip , generate the code and download it.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

a common problem with this is that the EzPort pins are still enabled, can you check this?

Disabling EzPort on NXP Kinetis to Solve Power-On Issues | MCU on Eclipse 

Erich

0 Kudos

kuldeepmarker
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your reply but I have checked this and its not the cause here. I think I am missing some configuration as a result of which after power on reset my board is not booting up properly. I am using IAR workbench so is there any setting in IAR or other things that I need to take care of.

0 Kudos