AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to add middleware for MCUXpresso project?

Question asked by Paul Kamel on Dec 4, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 by Jorge Antonio Alcala Vazquez

I have a custom designed board using a MK20DN512VLL10. I am using MCUXpresso for code development and downloaded the SDK V2.2 (generated by on line tool). I've spent some time adjusting to the new way of doing things (for previous projects I used Kinetis Design Studio with processor expert). Personally I think the new MCU Config Tools is a little underdeveloped in comparison however I'm sure with time it will become a very useful tool.

I've had no problems using the various drivers for hardware initialization etc. I seem to have hit a wall however when it comes to implementing the SDK's middle-ware - specifically I want to use FatFS for SD card & USB MSD. I can't seem to find any application notes or documentation on how to do this. I've had a look at the sample code provided as part of the SDK (under /SDK_2.2_MK20DN512xxx10/boards/twrk60d100m/driver_examples/sdcard_fatfs ) which is specifically for the MK60 based board - there aren't any examples for  the K20. The example code middle-ware seems quite different in structure and layout to the stack provided under /SDK_2.2_MK20DN512xxx10/middleware/fatfs_0.12b.

Any pointers to web sites, App notes (official NXP or otherwise) or how to videos to help point me in the right direction?

Outcomes