Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Manager And Mfgtools Can't Detected Board

Jump to solution
haitaochen
Contributor I

Hi

I reference Freescale's Sbare development board, produced a piece of their own board.The power management chip (MMPF0100F1EP), CPU (MCIMX6Q6AVT10AC), DDR3, NOR flash, SD, USB otg circuit are exactly the same, now the board through the otg line connected to the pc usb port.mfgtools can not detect the board, even the host's device manager can not detect the usb device (not recognized), detect the power management chip output voltage is no problem, otg line is good, otg circuit and development board schematics The same is true, and now I do not know where the problem lies.

Thank you!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at my comments below.

Looks like system do not start, so please check Your design, using HW Design Checking List for i.MX6DQSDL

HW_Design_Checking_List_for_i.MX6DQP6DQ6SDL 

Also, please refer to Chapter 6 (Avoiding Board Bring-up Problems) of "Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6 ..."

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf 

Try Serial Downloader mode. Note, entering to Serial Downloader mode is not supported directly, say for  the
i.MX6 SDP / SDB designs:
   "No dedicated boot dips are reserved for serial download mode on i.MX 6 SABRE-SD
boards. Therefore, a tricky method is used to enter serial download mode. For example,
set boot mode as SD3 boot (SW6 dip 2, 7 on others are off). Do not insert SD card into
SD3 slot, and power on the board. After "HID- Compliant device" is detected, it means
that the board has entered serial download mode. Insert the SD card into SD3 slot.
Another way to do this is to configure an invalid boot switch setting, for example, set all
the dips of SW6 to off."

According to Table 8-2 (Boot eFUSE Descriptions),  BOOT_CFG4[7] bit means “Infinite Loop
Enable”, which does not allow boot, since boot ROM code hangs in the loop.
  Register SRC_SBMR1 (0x020D_8004) reflects state of boot pins. According to
Table 8-3 (GPIO Override Contact Assignments) of the i.MX6 Reference Manual,
BOOT_CFG4[7] corresponds EIM_EB3 pin. Please check if this signal is terminated
correctly. Let me remind : “The BOOT_CFG signals are required for proper functionality

and operation and should not be left floating.

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer

button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at my comments below.

Looks like system do not start, so please check Your design, using HW Design Checking List for i.MX6DQSDL

HW_Design_Checking_List_for_i.MX6DQP6DQ6SDL 

Also, please refer to Chapter 6 (Avoiding Board Bring-up Problems) of "Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6 ..."

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf 

Try Serial Downloader mode. Note, entering to Serial Downloader mode is not supported directly, say for  the
i.MX6 SDP / SDB designs:
   "No dedicated boot dips are reserved for serial download mode on i.MX 6 SABRE-SD
boards. Therefore, a tricky method is used to enter serial download mode. For example,
set boot mode as SD3 boot (SW6 dip 2, 7 on others are off). Do not insert SD card into
SD3 slot, and power on the board. After "HID- Compliant device" is detected, it means
that the board has entered serial download mode. Insert the SD card into SD3 slot.
Another way to do this is to configure an invalid boot switch setting, for example, set all
the dips of SW6 to off."

According to Table 8-2 (Boot eFUSE Descriptions),  BOOT_CFG4[7] bit means “Infinite Loop
Enable”, which does not allow boot, since boot ROM code hangs in the loop.
  Register SRC_SBMR1 (0x020D_8004) reflects state of boot pins. According to
Table 8-3 (GPIO Override Contact Assignments) of the i.MX6 Reference Manual,
BOOT_CFG4[7] corresponds EIM_EB3 pin. Please check if this signal is terminated
correctly. Let me remind : “The BOOT_CFG signals are required for proper functionality

and operation and should not be left floating.

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer

button. Thank you!

0 Kudos